8/25/2010

Everything And Nothing

It seems as though everything that used to be nothing, is suddenly everything. Things like love, when I was eight - what did that matter to me? Love, was this useless thing. Only love from my family, and my love for my teddybear counted in the world. Such things as boyfriends, relationships and lovers were unfamilier words to me.
Money, why would a eight-year-old girl think of money? Maybe just enough to get the new barbie-doll that I wished for christmas or my birthday. I needn't to save up enough money, it was all taken care of for me.
Frenemies. The kind of woman who seem like your friend, but deep inside (and sometimes not so deep) really is one of your enemies. She might have something you'd like, or you possess something she doesn't have. At a age of eight, I could trust any one. Every one was involved, sometimes even if they didn't wish for it.

And now, it might look to you like everything has changed to something much more than it used to be. But what about those things that meant the world to me before, and know I don't think about it twice?
Toys, plays and playing outside. If I ever get a free moment nowadays, I chat with friends. I listen to music, I read a book or write something clever down. I go shopping with my girlfriends, catch a movie or just hang out. What happend to ride our bicycles as fast as we could, jump around singing loudly and don't care what people thought of you?

Everything that used to be nothing, is everything. Everything before, is now nothing. Is nothing nothing when everything can be called nothing when we want to hide everything from someone very everything?

1 comment:

Cool people following me